Basic info you need to know about IELTS
- The CAMBRIDGE IELTS exam is probably the most popular and widely recognised English language exam in the world.
- The score is based on a scale of 1 (beginner) to 9 (expert).
- There are 2 types of the IELTS test, which are selected based on each candidate’s own needs:
- IELTS Academic à usually for students who wish to study at an English-speaking university.
- IELTS General Training is usually for students who wish to work in an English-speaking country.
- There are 2 ways of taking the exam: one is the traditional (paper-based) way, and the other is the electronic (computer-based) way.
- Unlike other examinations, the IELTS exam is available multiple times per month. Take a look at the schedule of available exam dates for the next few months HERE!
- The awarded IELTS score and certificate both have a 2-year validity period; that means they expire 2 years after the date the examination was taken. If a student needs to prove their knowledge of English after that period, they will most probably be asked to retake the exam.
- At our school, the IELTS exam preparation takes place on an individual level (one-to-one lessons) or in small groups depending on availability.
For more information please visit the official IELTS website.